For more than 10 years, Peyton Psychology (formerly Croydon Psychology) has been servicing the communities of Croydon, Ringwood, Mooroolbark, Lilydale, Chirnside Park and surrounding suburbs.
Recently we have expanded our services and now offer appointments in our Carlton rooms. We can therefore offer face-to-face consultations to residents of Carlton and surrounding suburbs such as Melbourne, Fitzroy, Parkville, North Melbourne and Collingwood.
We also offer telehealth appointments to clients from all over Victoria and Australia.
We provide a calm and non-judgemental environment, using a variety of therapeutic tools that aim to enhance a client’s awareness and validation of their experience. We believe this leads to greater self-acceptance, which is key to being able to adapt to and overcome life’s challenges.
Peyton Psychology is led by Michael Peyton.
Michael focuses on a collaborative approach to psychological counselling, which means the client’s needs and goals are at the very centre of how he works. Prior to working in private practice, Michael worked as a mental health case manager, a family mediator and as a health psychologist in a hospital setting. His qualifications and accreditations include:
- Master of Psychology (Glasgow Caledonian University, UK)
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology (Middlesex University, London)
- AHPRA Registration (PSY0001981080)
- Member of Australian Association Of Psychologists.
- Member of EMDR Association of Australia (EMDRAA)
- Extensive training in Jungian Psychotherapy at Jung Institute, Zurich